Modern Meditation Moments

Hello again! Better late than never…

This time I want to share one of the top experiences of my life!

The past months I have been doing modern meditation (as well as some simpler meditative techniques but this is the one I prefer). It is a form of guided group meditation where everyone sits in a circle, along with the guide. Flowers candles and any personal “special” belongings are put in the center and music is used at intervals.

In one of my recent sessions the following happened:

There is this 22 year old guy who from the start sees dance during the music parts. He has never taken a dance class. He saw me perform once.  Soooo this one time during the music parts I started seeing myself dance. There where moments when I was taking the initiative and knew what I was going to do and then there where these other moments when I saw myself as an outside observer not having a clue as to what was provoking my movement. After a while he was there and we danced together in a simple contact improvisation fashion. I got tired, we sat a a ledge, I rested my head on his shoulder ( I think I actually moved my head live), it started raining, we where dancing in the rain, or maybe I was dancing, spinning and he was just there. Finally I ran and leaped in the air and I was gone.

When the session ended we where all asked to share whatever parts of the experience we wanted. I said some things but mentioned nothing about dancing with D (I omit the full name just to be on the safe side).

When his turn came he said a few things and then looked my way and said “And of course during the music parts Eirini had the lead”… I was shocked.

We then got together to talk about it and little by little realized that we had shared the same visions… It was at the same time terrifying and amazingly beautiful!!! The moments I had seen myself dancing of my own volition where the moments when he was just seeing me dance, the moments I was dancing and not knowing what came next where the moments he was making me dance, when he actually sat next to me his shoulder was just where I knew it would be for me to rest my head on, he saw the spinning, he saw me standing in front of him just as I had seen myself do, he saw the stuff on the floor, the contact and finally he saw me leap and disappear …

When we finally wrapped our heads around the reality of what had happened, something new for both of us it was hard to part! Ever since a bond has formed, a connection beyond friendship or proximity. Like a small part of our souls has shifted and resides now within the other…

I don’t know what others have felt or seen in similar situations, I only know that I feel extremely privileged to have shared such a lovely, awe inspiring experience…